2008-10-13

When You Cannot Sleep

Sometimes I go to bed without falling asleep and spend the time thinking for one or two hours. Not only is it frustrating but the thoughts I have are as irritating as the question "What is the meaning of life?" So I've decided to post a list of things I think about when I cannot sleep:
  • If there is no spoon, in the movie Matrix, why are there buildings, pavement, and stairs in the way? Shouldn't Neo be able to realize that these material things do not exist in the Matrix? If Neo could see that there is no spoon, he should be able to travel through the floors like the twins in Matrix Reloaded.
  • First the ratio between the width and the height of a TV screen was 4:3 now it is 16:9 (42:32). Will future TV sets have the dimensions 64:27 (43:33)?
  • Steven Wright once said that "Dancing is a vertical expression of a horizontal desire". Does that mean that dancers are better in bed? Or do they just want it more than others?
  • Would I sleep better if I untangled myself from this bubble wrap and put my pajama back on?

(I bet you cannot sleep now, huh?)

No comments: